Education & Outreach
Education and Outreach
CC&R is involved in education and outreach activities with our local community. Our goal is to foster awareness and encourage advocacy for our local marine, estuarine, and terrestrial spaces. In addition, CC&R participates in training our scientific colleagues in monitoring methods for coastal habitats.
- California Rapid Assessment Method (CRAM) training for wetland and riparian monitoring and assessment
- Interships for high school, college and post-graduate students
- Community planting days for habitat restoration projects
- Funding of primary, secondary, and post-secondary student scholarships
- Primary school marine ecology classes and curriculum development in collaboration with staff at Treasure Island Sailing Center and staff and students at California College of the Art